'The Town of Roree and the Fortress of Bhukker, on the Indus', 1839 (c)

Louis Haghe, Charles Haghe, James Atkinson

'The Town of Roree and the Fortress of Bhukker, on the Indus', 1839 (c)
3 0 c m
40cm
actual image size: 32cm x 22cm

'The Town of Roree and the Fortress of Bhukker, on the Indus', 1839 (c).

Tinted lithograph from 'Sketches in Afghanistan', 1838-1842, by Louis and Charles Haghe after James Atkinson, published by Henry Graves and Company and J W Allen and Company, 1 July 1842.

The fortress of Bukkur was on a strategically important island in the Indus river, between Rohri and Sukkur. During the 1st Afghan War (1839-1842) it was used as a depot for Sir John Keane's Army of the Indus. The fort had been presented to the British in 1831 by the Emir of Khirpur, Mir Rostum.

Image Details

Negative No.
 
94614
Accession No.
 
NAM. 1971-02-33-481-3

© National Army Museum Copyright

buy a print

Select size
 
Select finish
 
How many prints?
 
£20.00
 

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas